💉 COVID VACCINES 💉
We are currently working with other practices in our neighbourhood to carry out covid vaccines at Houghton Primary Care Centre. We are vaccinating the patients at highest risk first. You will be contacted when it is your turn to book in.
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It is caused by a virus called coronavirus.
If you or any of your household have:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss of taste or smell
You must all stay at home. Visit www.nhs.uk or call 119 to request a coronavirus test and for more information on the virus.
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Call 111 if you need to speak to someone. You do not need to call 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
Please do not attend the surgery unless we have asked you to do so – telephone first. If we do ask you to attend, we request that you wear a mask or a face covering. Do not attend the surgery if you develop symptoms of coronavirus. This will ensure we can keep the practice environment safe and Covid-free.
Our Vision and Values – Care is Our Business
For our patients
- To provide an environment that is welcoming, caring and accessible
- To treat everyone equally and with dignity and respect
- To provide safe and effective healthcare appropriate to patients’ needs, keeping up to date with new developments
- To listen and respond to feedback
For our practice team
- To maintain a safe and supportive working environment
- To encourage personal development and provide training opportunities
- To listen to all members of the team and value their comments and opinions
For our local area
- To consider the wider health needs of the local population and try to address inequalities
- To always be mindful of the vulnerable people in our area
- To work closely with other local practices and the CCG to improve health outcomes